The Central Council of Indian Medicine, which is a Statutory Body under the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970 created “Young Researcher Award and the same has been included under the Society named as “The Fund” registered under section XXI of Societies Act of 1860 and is being managed by the Management Committee. The Management Committee of the Fund decided to invite the nomination for Young Researcher Award under the following categories.
The nomination should be supported by the following: –
1. To give award to PG Scholar one each to Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha system of Medicine for his original and outstanding Research work done in India.
2. The original research should be for the greater good of the humanity at large.
3. The original research work submitted should be of an outstanding character.
4. The original research submitted by the candidate for the Young Researcher Award should not have been presented for any award elsewhere.
5. In case of a joint Research work, the Award shall be divided between the workers in such proportions as may be decided by the Award Committee.
6. The nominator can nominate only one person.
The The value of the award is Rs.25,000/- and salver. The requirements for these awards are as follows:
A. Citizens of India who have done their research in India will be eligible for nominations and the following particulars are necessary to be submitted along with the nomination papers:-data of person undertaking the research projects, nature, scope and content of the research project The nominations for the above awards are open to Indian citizens only and there is no special nomination form for this purpose. The nomination papers may be supported by the following:-
1. A Curriculum Vitae of the candidate and full address for communication.
2. A statement of work, achievements, accomplishments or performance on which the claims of the nominee to the award is based.
3. A reasoned justification or the nomination.
4. One set of publications of the candidate published, specially those in the last five years.
5. Thirty sets of Bio-data, full address for communication and list of publication and other relevant materials.
The nomination should make it clear, the category under which it is to be considered. The nomination may be sent in a sealed cover marked ‘confidential’ addressed to the Secretary, Young Researcher Award Fund, office of the Central Council of Indian Medicine, 61-65 Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi – 110058 by 31st March, 2016. The day and date of award distribution will be decided by Central Council from time to time.